Tags

, , , ,

I had joined this stitch-along (by Thread Basket and C Mon Monde) late last year, and after an enthusiastic start, it started languishing in my WIP pile.  Working on it during my flight to Germany, I made a major counting mistake that did not get caught until I had progressed quite a bit, AND I used a wrong variegated green for the vine on the right.  So I had a lot of frogging to do.  Then I decided to stitch the berries on the vine in spider rose stitches.  Big mistake.  It took me a while to get used to making such small spider roses, and then there were 24 of those darned berries in the pattern!  The ordeal is finally over, though.  With this finish, I have partially achieved my goal of completing some projects that have been WIPs for far too long.

Image

Here are the spider roses that drove me crazy:

Image

And here is a cover-up job on the wreath.  The area inside the wreath was meant for personalization.  I decided to a large spider rose inside with ribbon but it was a disaster and the linen almost tore.

Image

Pattern: A La Belle Etoile

Designer: C Mon Monde

Fabric: 38ct Gander Natural (hand-painted by me with Vikki Clayton’s dye)

Threads: HDF

  • House: Bitterbloom 4443/Zinc 5235/Quince 1403 (A limited edition color), BeRedded, Primitive Barn Blue, Gold Rush 4229
  • Snow, Stars, Vines: White B5200, Rubbed Blue, Rubbed Burgandy, Jewelweed 3169/Willow Withies 3227/Luteous Green 3259 (a limited edition variegated green)

Started: Oct 26, 2011

Finished June 2, 2012

Advertisements