So how did I do with my 2013 goals?
- Finish Ann Dale. I started this eagerly in January 2012, and then it languished as several charting errors were discovered. Not completed but I am very close. I tried to crank through it in the last week of 2013 but then seriously began hating to stitch on it and resenting every other thing I had to do. So, I relaxed and decided that it was more important to enjoy the process than rush to meet the deadline.
- Keep up with Marquoir Elise, which is scheduled to run until July 2013. I kinda got lazy on this piece after 8 parts because the designer released the entire design mid-way rather than run it through July 2013.
- Knock off one of my UFOs (WIPs that have been laying around neglected for more than a year) – Odds and Ends 4 which I had started in the Sticklounge group but never finished. I won’t even pretend to have gotten anywhere on this one!
- Stitch a couple of patterns from the stack that I have purchased over the last 3 years – maybe one Carriage House Samplings or Blackbird Designs, one from Jean Louis Grandsire, one from Mango Practique’s Agenda 2012. See above.
Stitch at least one pattern from the growing pile of freebies that I have collected over the years.Completed gazette94’s Quaker 2010 Sampler and luli’s St. Valentine.
Based on my dismal performance in 2013, here are my goals for 2014:
Completed FebFinish Ann Dale or kill myself.Completed February 2, 2014
- Finish at least one of the two unfinished ones mentioned above (Marquoir Elise or Odds and Ends 4).
- Complete the Nativity Table Runner from Blackberry Lane Designs that I started on Christmas Day 2013.
- Start the Icelandic sampler and make decent progress on it. I need to paint the fabric a dark brown because I have not succeeded in finding or dyeing the dark brown color that is needed for this in 40ct linen.
- Stitch a couple of smalls from purchased or freebie designs.
- Organize my stash of HDF floss. This will be slow going because I have to wind all the skeins onto spools, sort and wind dbag floss, print labels, update my spreadsheet. I might not be able to finish this in 2014, but I want to at least make some headway. Organized up to Earth Stars.
- Keep up with the Stitch from Stash 2014 group that I just joined. I have kept away from blog groups and SALs so far, but this is a different kind of exercise and there is a lot of flexibility because I can stitch whatever I want. Moreover, it will keep me motivated to post more regularly here. I am still participating but have probably busted my annual budget already 😦 No blog posts on this topic in the last couple of months because I have no new starts or anything to show.
- Keep up with the Randje Per Week SAL. Lagging behind at band 41, while the group is at band 60 right now. I focused on finishing the CHS piece; now that I am done with it, I am back on this one again.
- Last and most important, keep stitching! This is one goal I have had no problem meeting, knock on wood!