I had started this small piece several years ago as a travel project. It’s interesting how a simple, cute pattern can quickly become pesky and tiresome once you start stitching it. The little house was easy of course, but the alphabets were the reason this piece languished for so many years. Each one had to be started and finished separately because I am loath to carry thread over for more than 2-3 stitches. So after a while, I gave up stitching it on planes because it was so tedious. I finally finished it this week. On my couch at home.

The fabric is a scrap of Dauphin. I had stumbled upon a thick stack of Dauphin fabric scraps at Vikki’s factory; they were discards from Bob’s dyeing experiments and they weren’t going to sell them. Needless to say, I saved them from the trash bin for exactly this purpose – to stitch smalls.

Pattern: Petits Alphabets (free at PCB Dijon)
Designer: Sylvaine Lenoir
Fabric: 40ct Dauphin (scrap)
Threads: HDF pre-dyed silk
Started: March 25, 2013
Finished July 20, 2017